Thursday, November 17, 2011

finding what I had forgotten to look for


Tonight, as I sat in bed working on some new short stories and day dreaming, a feeling of contentment settled over me. Not the kind of contentment that comes with the cool dusk light, nor the contentment that comes with that comforting sleepiness that settles in after a certain time. No, this contentment felt…tangible. Like I could reach out and touch it. Like I could grab hold of it and keep holding onto it until I felt strong enough to let go.

It filled me up, inflating me into someone more confident, more sure of themselves. More alive. I am almost afraid to fall asleep, lest my grip loosens and it dances away. But I have a feeling that it won’t. I have a feeling that on this seemingly normal spring night I found a small part of myself that I had been missing for a long time.

10 comments:

ellie said...

Awesome feeling. So intriguing.

ellie's desk said...

I need that feeling. At the moment, just a little nervous to go on a long trip with the boyfriend.

lucy and sarah said...

Your posts are always inspiring!

molly said...

Hopefully, this gives you more strength in writing more.

kate said...

that's wonderful.

kimbirdy said...

that's really beautiful! i'm currently searching for that myself.

Deidre said...

Aw...I hope that while asleep you didn't lose it again. Although once felt, even when gone the remnant memory can be almost as good as the real thing!

Autumn said...

I get that feeling when I go to church or take the time to relax with my husband. I love it :)

Jasmine said...

This is such an inspired little piece of writing. I am charmed.

SJ said...

:)