Friday, September 17, 2010

a clean slate

I cried the other day. For no reason at all. I couldn't stop. It was like all of my worries, frustrations and heartbreaks came out at once. And it hurt. Really hurt.

But the next day I woke up feeling like a whole new person. Well, not a whole new person. But the beginnings of one. It was if the tears of the day before really had washed everything away. And when I stepped outside the sun seemed that little bit brighter, my step a little bit lighter, and I fell in love with life all over again. 

8 comments:

A Redhaired Designer said...

This is such a beautiful anecdote. I can't count the number of times I've gone through exactly that.

kara lynn said...

i think crying can be extremely therapeutic. let it go, that is what i learned to do. then everything seems a but more bearable!

~BB~ said...

wow - that's beautiful. nice post!

Emily Lou said...

i can totally relate. and isn't that just the most beautiful thing?

Brandi said...

Amazing how something like that can be so cleansing. There's nothing like falling in love with the world all over again.

Red Boots said...

I know that feeling only too well, but I'm a firm believer in that everything will be so much better after a good cry and a sleep.

wilybrunette said...

it's so true that sometimes there's nothing better than a good cry. so glad you and i both are feeling better, lighter even.

HanneeNz said...

I really love a good cry, and often burst into tears for no apparent reason (although I would say I am 99% of the time, a pretty happy, bubbly person). I think that if you take a moment and let your tears flow, afterwards you will feel much lighter. I hate it when people say stop crying (in a nice way) because sometimes I just want and NEED to cry =)