This is a continuation from my last post. I got a comment from Brandi of http://www.notyouraverageordinary.com/ (no idea how to link people properly...wait I figured it out!) that said it helps to write your intentions on a wall. Well this is kind of a wall isn't it? A virtual one yes, but it will do :) Anyway I thought it was a great idea (thank you Brandi!). I was already thinking about a post like this, after writing down one of the quotes from Rocket Science (yes I know, I am scarily obsessed with this movie):
'Do you want to hear your problem? You have no agenda. Strictly head in the ground material. Look at me. Look at me. I wake up every morning and what do I do? I create an agenda for the day, which is a sub-agenda for the month. Which is in itself a pie-slice of my agenda for life.'
Though it was said by the 'miniature Hitler' of the movie, I still really like it. It made me think.. what do I want out of life? And I guess what I would like out of life is to make a difference. To change people's lives. To be happy and to make others happy. So.. that's my agenda for life, now to make goals for the year. If anyone reads my blog (Joel..because I make him.. and that's about it..) then it would be great if you could tell me your goals; what you hope to achieve this year, or to achieve in life. Do it Joel :p
So, here are my intentions for the year:
- Do one kind act a day, whether it be giving money to the homeless, doing something sweet for a friend, or saying something nice to a stranger.
- Stay at university. I may not enjoy it (who would after 5 years of study?), but it will be worth it in the end.
- Try my hardest at everything I do.
- Keep doing things that terrify me, especially things like dance performances
- Learn to crochet
- Learn to enjoy playing piano again
- Finish the story I started two years ago
- Choreograph a dance
- Do some more Rockabilly and Swing lessons
- Learn time management, so that around assessment time I am still able to spend time with friends and do everything I said I would do, without getting snowed under.
- Give myself a break before I burn out, which seems to happen every year
- Follow my budget and save money, so that I can celebrate finishing my degree with an amazing holiday and know I worked for it and earned it
- Keep buying only handmade, ethical or op-shop clothes, as well as 'animal friendly' products (which by the way is way more difficult than it should be!), even though the consumerist young lady in me finds it very hard..
- Smile at everyone I pass
- Show Joel how much he means to me
- FINALLY have a Halloween party instead of talking about it every year
- Do the decorations for the wedding myself even though I don't have a creative bone in my body and it will most likely be mildly ridiculous (I want rainbows of colour everywhere!)
- Learn to accept my awkwardness
- Make time for my friends
- Think positive
- Take risks
AND the one thing I promise myself I will do every year that seems downright impossible: STOP CHEWING MY NAILS!! - Not going to happen. Ever. I've given upon this one already.
So.. They are my intentions for the rest of the year. I probably won't achieve all of them, but it's nice to have a direction towards my agenda for life :)