Apologies for missing my ‘health blog’ day yesterday, I really did have every intention to do it. Unfortunately intentions aren’t everything, and instead of doing that I ran into someone else’s car. And yep, it was definitely my fault. (The person was okay, thank goodness!) That will teach me to sing and dance in my car rather than bother to remember the road rules...
It was not the greatest day ever.
BUT I think I whinged and moaned and cried enough yesterday to last me a lifetime, so time to get positive today! As it is Friday (in Australia, completely forgot about the time difference for my American readers), here is a little Friday list.
Top Ten Pick-Me-Ups when you’re having a really bad day:
1. Cry. If you need a mini-breakdown, even if you know that you are completely overreacting, then have it. Trust me, there is nothing like a good hour long cry to make you feel better.
2. Do something that makes you feel special; whether it’s dressing up, having a bath or curling your hair.
3. Watch something on television that you love. Make sure it’s either really funny, or sugary sweet and uplifting.
4. Take time out. Have ALL of those things that you need to do? Too bad for those things, you are taking some much needed personal time off.
5. Read Anne of Green Gables. Yes, very specific I know, but nothing warms the soul quite like this book.
6. Bake! What is more therapeutic than baking? Plus: You get to eat the mixture.
7. Do something that gets you moving. Hit the gym, do some yoga, round up some friends for a game of basketball, or dance like crazy around your house.
8. Do something nice for someone else. Donate clothing or money, write a letter to friend, or even just send someone a quick text to let them know how amazing you think they are.
9. Hug a loved one. Nothing is more comforting than that J
10. Eat your weights worth in chocolate!
Or you could just take this advice:
Weekend Challenge: Do at least two of the things on this list!